- 获取关于你可以吃的食物的说明. You will be asked not to eat or drink for six to eight hours before the procedure to prevent nausea.
- Arrange for a friend or family member to drive you to and from the hospital.
- Bring a list of your current medications and doses.
You may be asked to stop taking certain medications several days before the study to ensure accurate results. Blood thinners such as Coumadin are usually stopped four days before the procedure. If you are taking a blood thinner, please let your doctor know.
Tell your doctor or nurse about any allergic reactions you have experienced from medications.
在你 procedure, your doctor will review your medical history and examine you. He or she also will explain the purpose of the procedure, its potential benefits and possible risks. 因为EP研究是“侵入性的”," requiring the insertion of 导管s into the body, 这涉及到一些风险. The risk is small, however, and the study is relatively safe.
Most patients who undergo EP studies don't experience complications, but discuss the risk factors as well as any questions, 你对6686体育的担忧或感觉.
You and your family will meet with the electrophysiology nurse coordinator a day or two before your procedure in the UCSF Ambulatory Care Center at 诗人大街400号. 在旧金山. The nurse coordinator will provide instructions for your electrophysiology study or 导管 烧蚀过程 and answer any questions.
Pre-admission tests, such as lab work and a 12 lead 心电图(ECG或EKG)，将被执行，如果之前没有执行. Your pre-admission blood sample will be drawn in the laboratory on the first floor of the Ambulatory Care Center.
如果你住得离UCSF医疗中心很远, the nurse coordinator will consult with you by phone and arrange to have your pre-admission tests performed at your personal doctor's office.
Here is a list of things to do and not to do before your electrophysiology (EP) or 导管 烧蚀过程 at UCSF Medical Center.
- Take your medicines as usual, unless our office tells you otherwise. Please inform our office if you are on Coumadin or medications for your heart rhythm.
- Bring any medical records or lab results that your personal doctor asks you to take to the doctors who will be performing your electrophysiology study. Make sure your referring doctor has sent copies of any cardiac studies you've had, and 心电图(ECG或EKG) 你的心律失常，如果有的话，寄给UCSF.
- Pack a small bag with personal toiletries for your hospital admission.
- Eat a regular supper the evening before your electrophysiology study.
- 到达hg6686体育旧金山分校医疗中心，505帕纳萨斯大道.早上7点15分.m.或指示的时间. Go to the Admitting Office, Room M-140 on the first floor. 街对面有公共停车场. From the Admitting Office, you'll be directed to the next location.
- Make sure you don't eat or drink anything after midnight, the night before your test. Don't drink any water unless you need to take your regular morning pills on the day of the procedure. Take your pills with only enough water to swallow them.
- Please do not bring large sums of money or valuables to the hospital unless family or friends coming with you will hold them during the electrophysiology study.
We want to make your stay at UCSF Medical Center as pleasant and comfortable as possible. 如果你有任何问题, please feel free to call our nurse coordinator at (415) 476-9194 or our main office at (415) 476-5706.
hg6686体育旧金山分校健康 medical specialists have reviewed this information. It is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or other health care provider. We encourage you to discuss any questions or concerns you may have with your provider.